Announcing new Winter hours:
In addition to our regular week-end hours, the tasting room will be open from noon until 5:00 PM every Wednesday and Thursday until March 31st when we will return to our regular week-end hours.
Gauthier Vineyard, LLC, is a family-owned working farm, equestrian center, vineyard and winery located in scenic New Kent County, Virginia near the intersection of the LaFayette and Washington-Rochambeau trails to Yorktown.
We now operate under the Governor’s Phase III rules placed into effect at 12:00 am on Monday, December 14th 2020.
Phase 3 requirements for wineries:
Adhere to the physical distancing guidelines, enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices, and enhanced workplace safety practices provided in the “Guidelines for All Business Sectors” document. Virginia Department of Health and Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services regulated facilities must continue to follow requirements related to prohibiting sick employees in the workplace, strict handwashing practices, and procedures and practices to clean and sanitize surfaces.
During Phase 3, wineries may choose to open to dine-in customers. They may choose to do so in indoor and outdoor spaces and must adhere to the following additional requirements for service:
- No alcoholic beverage shall be sold, consumed, or possessed on premises after 10:00 p.m
- Closure of all dining and congregation areas in the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Post signage at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior 10 10 days, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment.
- Post signage at the entrance and at points of sale stating that patrons must wear a cloth face covering, except while eating and drinking, in accordance with Executive Order 63.
- All parties, whether seated together or across multiple tables, must be limited to 10 patrons or less.
- Do not seat multiple parties at any one table unless marked with six foot divisions (such as with tape.
- Employees are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth, such as using CDC Use of Cloth Face Coverings guidance.
- Patrons must wear face coverings over their nose and mouth, except while eating and drinking.
What it means for us
Inside seating as well as seating on the wrap-around porch is limited to 50% of capacity. Social distancing guidance remains in effect. We have ample covered outside seating on the wrap-around porch and patio overlooking the pond. In good weather, the pizza pavilion seating is also available. In good weather, additional seating areas are available at the fire pit and pond side seating in our Adirondack chairs. Folks who bring blankets or camp chairs are welcome to spread out on the lawn.
Respecting others during Covid 19 vigilance also requires parents bringing children to exercise special caution. All children must remain in their parents’ presence at the winery.
We continue to limit wine sales to bottles and glasses of wine served in either plastic cups or wine glasses you bring with you solely for your consumption. We continue to serve our very popular wine slushies and sangria. In lieu of our popular tastings, we are serving wine flights in three styles you can choose from: dry reds, dry whites, and sweet wines. As the Fall weather arrives, we will begin serving our mulled wine and hot cider in insulated, disposable cups or mugs you bring solely for your consumption. Again, following the governor’s guidance, patrons will be given disposable glassware, but if you’d prefer to drink your libations from a real glass, feel free to bring wine glasses from home.
Please come and enjoy our wonderful wood-fired pizzas (on Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons), our delicious Chicken Wings (and new Hawg Wings) on 1st, 3rd & 5th Sunday afternoons.
The second and fourth Sundays of each month are reserved for wonderful Winter Haven Oysters served raw, roasted and fried. We begin taking oyster orders at noon. Come early because the oysters have become very popular and sell out in hours.
We are proud to feature Terra di Siena Tuscan-Style charcuterie along with cheese and crackers.
As always, feel free to bring your own favorite foods to accompany our wines.
So, please head on back to the winery and let us take care of you. No glassed tastings will be available until we receive new guidance. Social distancing must be observed as a condition for the winery to be opened for guests to enjoy the property, but we can all do this together . . . . and have a great day!