Gauthier Vineyard is located on the scenic Fair Winds Farm in historic New Kent County along the “five minute road” (Farmers Drive). We are located about 35 miles coming from Richmond at Interstate 64 exit 220. We are 15 miles from Williamsburg at Interstate 64 exit 227.
From April 1st thru December 31st, our hours are 4-8 PM on Fridays and 11 AM-6 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
From January 1st thru March 31st, our hours are Noon – 4 PM on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4-8 PM on Fridays and 11 AM – 6 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
To make reservations for private tastings – a minimum of six is required – please call Sandi in advance at 703-622-1107, or contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. You can also reach Sandi via our FaceBook page using Messenger.
Food and Attractions
In addition to our fine wines, you can enjoy several attractions and food options:
- Fire pit – perfect w/ hot mulled wine on a nippy fall day
- Wood-fired brick oven pizza Friday and Saturday
- Gypsy Gourmet’s traditional Cajun fare including fried oysters, shrip and fish. Gumbo and Etouffe are frequent offerings. Gator bites an fried frogs legs are offered as available.
- Stay here overnight – reservations for stays at The Inn at Woodmont Plantation can be made on either Airbnb or VRBO. The Inn is only rented as “Whole house” with minimum two night stays.
- Hold you event here in our event center – perfect for weddings, anniversary parties, corporate retreats and more
Directions to Gauthier Vineyard
From Richmond, take I-64 exit 220 and proceed 2.8 miles east on 30/33 towards West Point. At the intersection of 30/33 and New Kent Hwy, take a right at the light. In 3.4 miles, take a left at route 273 (Farmers Drive). The winery entrance is in .9 miles on your left.
From Norfolk-Hampton Roads, take I-64 exit 227 and proceed 3.1 miles north on New Kent Highway. Take a right at route 273 (Farmers Drive). The winery entrance is in .9 miles on your left.
From the Northern Neck, cross the second West Point bridge into Eltham. At the first light, take a left onto route 273 (Farmers Drive). Proceed about five miles to the winery entrance on your right.
From Saude Creek Vineyards, take a left at the exit and proceed .9 miles on Cooks Mill Road. Turn left at New Kent Hwy. Proceed 5.3 miles on New Kent Hwy to route 273 (Farmers Drive). Take a left on route 273 (Farmers Drive). The winery entrance is in .9 miles on your left.
Slow down as you approach the big blue-roofed barn and riding arena. Turn in at the vineyard where you’ll see our sign and the gazebo at the top of the vineyard hillside.